Self delusion is my optimism

Thursday, December 21, 2006

I know what you want,i ask the obvious.Just like any request you would make,i would oblige.
This time round,i wish i could,but it's so hard.I know you well enough,but not enough to know what you feel when our eyes meet.

But what i do know,is what i feel when our eyes meet.I see in your eyes,me and you.
I see that same pair of eyes i gazed upon once,when i once loved looking at.
Fond memories,memories of when i said three words and wished that the moments would last forever.
What i also see,are the tears that fell neverending in the nights that seemed to last an eternity.
That pain,that seared through my heart.That very same pain that watered my eyes for the many nights i laid pondering.
That feeling,a mixture of betrayal,hurt,pain,and the thought of someone you loved hurting you in that way seemed so hard to bear.
I grit my teeth and never gave up,and i waited for that day when i thought you'd come back.
Forgive but never forget,i was ready to forgive,but you never gave me that chance to forgive.

I know you a little,a little too well.And from that day when your sorry wasn't true,i never waited for another.You don't owe me anything,not an apology,nor a thank you.Like you've said,i was lousy,and i accept that tag.I'm a waste of your time,the past haunts,and it still bounds me with shackles.The reason i wanted what i wanted,was because i felt you'd be happier,free to pursue that other happiness.I just want you to be happy,always did and always will.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home